Remember, doctors, scientists, dietitians, etc. will tell you to drink at least 8 – 10 8oz glasses of water every day. How is a person supposed to get anything done with having to RUN to the bathroom all the time because of drinking all that water? My bladder ain’t that big!
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
This is a scary thought. But what’s causing that? I mean really what with so many of my friends insisting they have to have their coffee or they can’t function. HELLO – drinking liquid – albeit flavored water. Why doesn’t that count?
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 30%.
Well, if one were to drink all the water specialists say we should – that would indeed boost your metabolism. Why? All that sprinting to the bathroom aught to be good for something! Then of course there’s the dance women do in public restrooms to make sure:
- There’s toilet paper
- There’s enough to cover the seat AND to wipe
- Hold our purses – because that dang hook is gone
- Do the squat thing – because we still don’t want to touch the seat even with all that paper covering
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
Midnight hunger pangs??? I’m at the age where I have to get up a few times during the night to go to the bathroom because I had some water 1 ½ – 2 hours before I went to bed. I occasionally have lack of sleep issues (because of waking up for that bathroom run…), I don’t even want to guess what would happen if I had water just before I went to bed.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
And here all this time I thought I was tired/fatigued because of not sleeping the night before.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
At last, a positive reason for retaining water!
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page. NOW, they tell me this??? I could have used the lack of water on the nuns in school – especially Sr. Odilla – my math teacher. Hmm, there was something else I was going to say here…
Now remember, I said all of the above was in jest. I know there has to be at least one of you who’s had the same thought at least once in a while. Maybe you’ve had funnier ones! I dare you to share those thoughts – after running to the bathroom of course.
P.S.: An important fact that I wouldn’t dare poke fun at, and I feel it is important to share.
Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.